I am so excited to be a part of a new Challenge Blog called "Crazy Card Party" with a bunch of my very cool friends who decided they wanted to keep the momentum of creating going by starting a challenge blog!
For the first challenge I wanted my card to really reflect the 1st post of the Challenge Blog so I decided to create a #1 Shaped Candle Card! I used my Cricut Expression to create the following card:
- From White cardstock cut 2 of the #1 on Page 65 of the Sweet Treats Cricut Cartridge at 5”
- Cut another # 1 from the Patterned Paper and trim the candle flame from the candle
- Cut another #1 from the Yellow Cardstock.
- Score one of the white cuts 1 ¾” from the top and glue the top portion to the other white cut to create the card base.
- Using the cuttlebug & the PTI Tiny Tags Die cut a small tag from white cardstock and apply “Life is good sticker").
- Stamp “Let’s Celebrate” using Black ink on white cardstock and cut out like a banner shape, then ink edges in pink ink.
- Glue the yellow candle cut to the front of the card base.
- Tie a Pink bow around the patterned paper candle, using green twine attach a blue button and the small tag to the bow. Add the flower sticker and some bling to the button.
- Attach sentiment banner and pop dot the patterned candle to the front of the card base.
- Add some Yellow Stickles to the flame on the candle.
Patterned Paper: Pebbles (Sunny Side-Dots)
Stickers: Pebbles (Sunnyside – Flower & Life is Good)
Cardstock: Bazzill (White & Yellow)
Stamps: Paper Smooches – Metropolis (Sentiment “Let’s Celebrate”)
Ink: Momento – Tuxedo Black & Rose Bud
Twine: American Crafts
Ribbon: PTI-Raspberry Fizz
Button: PTI – Hawian Shores
Bling; Pebbles Glitter Candy Dots – blue
Adhesive: Beacon 3in1 Glue, Stickles-Yellow, Pop Dots
Tools: Cricut Expression, Sweet Treats Cartridge(#1 from Pg 65), Cuttlebug , PTI-Tiny Tags Die