Products used: Simon Says Stamp(Leaves Die, happy), Stencil (Studio Calico), Embossing paste, Sparkly Embossing powder, paper - Pink Paislee, Vellum
Thursday, May 29, 2014
This week it is my turn to pick the challenge! I would like to see everyone use a stencil - either by misting, embossing, inking what ever is your style! I hope you can play along with us this week!
Thursday, May 22, 2014
This weeks challenge was to use some cork! I have add these Lawn Fawn Cork frames for while now and could not wait to use them!
Products used: Simon Says Stamp (Die & Stamp for sentiment, Pebbles paper and butterflies,
Friday, May 16, 2014
The challenge this week on Fantabulous Cricut Challeng Blog is to Celebrate Mom... since the contest is for an SVG Cuts gift card I decided to combine a SVG file with some Cricut Tulips to create this little 3D project! I use the Fence box from the "For My Valentine" with some Tulip cuts from the Artiste Cricut Cartridge to create some 3D Tulips.
Here is a close up of the 3D Tulips
- From White Cardstock cut the fence and the the box SVG Files from the For My Valentine set from White cardstock and put the fence box together.
- Cut 16 Tulips from the Artiste Cricut using the (
and the Accent 2 button from Pink patterned paper.
- Ink all the edges of the tulips in pink ink and score down the centre of each of the tulips.
- Use 4 tulips to create the 3D tulip by gluing ½ of the tulip to the 2nd half of the tulip until all edges are glued for 4 tulips to create the 3D Tulip.
- Cut down 4 Green striped paper straws to 5” each and flatten the top of the straw to make sure that it will fit inside the 3D tulips when you are gluing them together
- Cut the Banner from the SVG File set from pink patterned paper and ink the edges in pink ink.
- Cut a doily in half and apply ruffle green ribbon.
- Stamp the letters MOM on the banner in black ink.
- Add doily and banner onto the fence.
- Punch butterfly and add bling then glue to the fence.
- Add ribbon to the tulips.
Patterned Paper – SEI (Promise Me)
Stamps: Lawn Fawn – Harolds ABC’s
Cardstock: Bazzill (White Stamps: Paper Smooches – Metropolis (Sentiment “Let’s Celebrate”)
Ink: Momento – Rose Bud, PTI – True Black
Ribbon: May Arts (Green)
Adhesive: Beacon 3in1 Glue, Pop Dots
Tools: Cricut Expression, Artiste Cartridge (Tulip pg 74), Silhouette, Sure cuts A Lot and SVG Cuts “For My Valentine”, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch
Thursday, May 15, 2014
The challenge this week on Crazy Card Party is New Begginings - I have created a New little Baby Card!
Products Used: Stencil (Falling Stars) - Simon Says Stamp, Embossing paste, Ink Refill (Pink - PTI), Gold Tissue paper, Gold String, Paper Smoochs (stamps - sentiment & elephants), Copics, Black Ink
Thursday, May 8, 2014
I have to say I am totally loving these challenges! I know I say this almost every week but I have used all kinds of stuff that has just been sitting and collecting dust in brand new packaging - here I have used my cricut and and embossing folder to create this card Mom Card!
1. Cut a piece of craft cardstock 5 x 6 and use the cuttle bug to emboss the frame.
2. On a kraft card base attach a piece of the teal patterned paper cut to 5 ¼ x 4 and glue to the centre of the card base.
3. On the embossed piece cut the centre of the woodgrain frame out and ink the top in white pigment ink.
4. Using the Cricut cut the word Mom at 1 1/4” from Kraft cardstock and ink the letters in white like the frame.
5. Cut flowers at 1 ½” and 1 ¼” out of the pink Teal and dark pink patterned paper and the centres from yellow.
6. Put the flower layers together using pop dots.
7. Cut leaves from green felt
8. Glue leaves to frame.
9. Glue Flowers
10. Glue letters to the centre of the frame.
Cardstock: Bazzill – Kraft
Patterned Paper: Pink Paislee (Spring Jubile Party)
Ink: PTI Snow Ink, Hero arts Tide Pool & Pale Tomatoe, PTI Hibiscus Burst
Adhesive: Beacon 3in1 Glue, Pop Dots
Tools: Cuttlebug, Cricut Expression, Sweet Treats (Flowers), Alpalicious (Mom)
Dies: Frame Die (Lil Inkers), Simon Says Stamp – Clustered Leaves
Wednesday, May 7, 2014
I thought maybe this was a good challenge to try out just so my Mom would have a handmade card this year! Bitten By the Bug 2 Challenge Blog has a challenge this week to create a Mother's Day Card, so I got busy with my Cricut Machine and Cricut Craftroom to come up with this little card!
- Open the Cricut Craftroom Software
- Using the Storybook Cartridge with the Shadow Feature type the word MOM all in Capital letters at 2 ½”.
- Move the letters so they are slightly overlapping.
- Weld the letters together using the weld feature button.
- Cut the welded words 2 times from White Cardstock and one time from the small pink polka dotted patterned paper.
- Score the top 1/8” of one of the white cuts and glue the second cut to the top half of the scored cut to create a card base.
- Glue the patterned paper piece to the white card base.
- Using the Cricut Craftroom Software cut 3 of the Flower 5 from the Mother’s Day Bouquet at 2”, 1 ¾” and 1 ½” from the larger polka dotted patterned paper.
- Apply a thin layer of Glossy Accents to each of the flower cuts and shake some glitter on them. Once the flower pieces are dry, curl the petals slightly using a Pencil then using a pop dot attach each layer offsetting the petals.
- Cut 3 of the Leaf2 from the Mother’s Day Bouquet cricut cartridge at 1 ¾” from the Beige patterned paper.
- Glue to the leaves to the back of the flower and glue to the centre of the letter “O” on the card.
- Apply the pearl to the centre of the flower.
Cardstock: Bazzill - White, Patterned paper: My Mind’s Eye – Lost And Found 2 – Blush 6x6 paper pad, Pearls: White Pearls from Michaels sale bins, Glitter: Palette Stamp & Stick glitter, Die cut machine: Cricut Expression, Die cut cartridges: Storybook (Letters), Mother’s Day Bouquet (Flower & Leaves), Adhesive: Beacon’s 3in 1 Glue, Ranger Glossy Accents, Foam Pop Dots, Programs: Cricut Craftroom.
I recently created this card and thought I would link it up to the Fantabulous Cricut blog for Challenge #209 - Paper Fun - the challenge was to use some patterned paper on your project.
Details: Cricut Expression, Just Because Cartridge (Boat, Pg 67), Patterned Paper: Pebbles New Arrival, Cardstock: Brown Bazzil, Ink: PTI Dark Chocolate,, Color Box Sky Blue, Stamps: PTI Heart-2-Heart #5, DCWV Glittered Cardstock (2 Shades of Yellow), 2 Craft Star Punches
- Cut 2 of the Boat from page 67 using the Shift Key and the Layer 3/Shadow Feature from White Cardstock at 4”
- Cut the same out of Brown Cardstock.
- Cut 1 of the Layer 2 from each of the blue patterned papers.
- Cut 1 of the Layer 1 using the shift key from the brown striped patterned paper.
- Score the top ¾” of the sailboat on one of the white cardstock cuts and glue the top portion to the other white cut to create a card base.
- Glue the Brown Cardstock cut on top of the card.
- Ink the Edges of the Brown Striped Pattern paper layers and pop dot off the bottom of the boat.
- Ink the edges of the Blue Patterned Paper layers with blue ink and pop dot off the top of the boat.
- Cut the It’s A Boy Strip from the patterned paper and trim to create the tag (Ink the edge with blue Ink before using a pop dot to add to the top of the boat flag.
- Stamp the Word Celebrate in Brown ink on a White Strip of cardstock. Trim the sentiment and add to card.
- Punch 2 Stars from Glittered Cardstock and glue to the top of the boat.
Thursday, May 1, 2014
Regan has challenged us to use sewing on our card this week.... well one of my fellow partier's recently gave me a really cool stitching template from studio calico and I could not wait to use it on this challenge! I also used some brand new avery elle stamp and dies sets on this one along with a lawn fawn die! So Here is the card I came up with for this challenge!