The challenge for this week is to create a Sympathy Card. I decided to try a stamping techquie with my Distress Inks! I used a the distress pad in two different ways to get the same ink to have two different tones. One more of a color wash look by watering it down and applying it with a paint brush the 2nd being to use it full strength for it's true tone! Here are the results!
- From Vintage Cream Cardstock cut a cover for a card base at 4 ¼” by 5 ½” and glue to card base.
- Cut a piece of watercolour paper to 3 ½” by 4 ¾”.
- Using Versamark stamp floral images and emboss using white embossing powder.
- Take the distress ink and mush it onto a piece of clear plastic. Spray with water and using a paint brush cover the entire piece of watercolor paper.
- Using the same ink – stamp the Background script to create a full background over top of the full watercolor piece.
- Using a paper towel dab the embossed flowers to remove any of the ink.
- Stamp the sentiment in black ink.
- Cut a piece of black cardstock and use a border punch to create a decorative bottom edge.
- Glue stamped watercolor piece to the black piece of cardstock and then tie some ribbon to the top of the back and stamped piece making sure to tie a bow.
- Then using pop dots attach it to the card and add embellishments and black stickles to the bottom decorative edge.
Cardstock: Vintage Cream(PTI), Bazzill – Black
Stamps: Gelatins –Big and Wild Things (flowers), PTI-Background Basics Textile (Script background), PTI-Framed Out #4 (Sentiment).
Ink: Distress Ink – Tumbled Glass (Blue), Versamark, VersaFine (Black)
Embossing powder: Scraptivity (Off White)
Adhesive: Beacon 3in1 Glue, pop dots, Stickles (Black)
Tools: Fiskars Border Punch, Embossing Gun
Embellishments: Black Seam Binding Ribbon (Misc), Cream resin flower (Freckled Fawn), Enamel Dots (My Minds eye)