Happy Monday and welcome to another Monday challenge!
Challenge #243 Snowmen
This Weeks Sponsor~This Weeks Challenge~
Pretty Cute Stamps
Pretty Cute Stamps
Create a project inspired by Snowmen/Snowpeople
To qualify for the prize, be sure to use at least 1 Cricut cut on your project and if it's not obvious, let us know what cartridge you used.
While I do not own any Pretty Cute Stamps yet... I know the owner of the store has some SVG files available on the Pretty Paper Pretty Ribbons site and I just could not resist using this Sweet Snowmen SVG to create these Snow Friends!
First up is the Snow Girl, I could not resist using a little copic marker to create the cheeks and I used a embossing folder on the body of the snowgirl/boy for some texture!
I added the Hat on the Snow Boy using the Create A Critter Cricut Cartridge and embellished it with the Holly leaves from the Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge!
- Open the SVG file in Cricut Design Space and cut all cutting files at the original size from the different patterned paper pieces.
- Cut 2 extra full snowman base from white cardstock to use for the card base.
- Using the Create A Critter 2 Cartridge cut the Hat from Pg 51 at 2 ½” from Black Cardstock
- Using the Art Philosopy Cricut Cartridge cut the Holly and berries from Page 46 at 1” from both the Teal and Pink patterned papers.
- Score down the centre of the holly leaves and glue to the second piece to add some dimension.
- Using the Embossing folder emboss the bottom half of both snowman bodies.
- Ink and glue all the pieces together to create the card.
Patterned Paper: Dk Pink (Bo Bunny – Raspberry Double Dot), Lt Pink (Bo Bunny – Passion Fruit Stripe), Teal (Echo Park - Happy Camper)
Cardstock: Bazzill (White, Black & Brown)
Markers: Copics (for cheeks)
Embossing Folder: Cuttlebug Machine & Lifestyle Crafts (Jubliant Embossing Folder)
Tools: Cricut Explore, Create a Critter 2 (Hat, Pg 51), Art Philosophy (Holly & Berries, Pg46
SVG Files: Pretty Paper Pretty Ribbons (Sweet Snowman)