Monday, October 6, 2014

FCCB Challenge # 231 - Let's Celebrate Birthday (3D Cupcake)


This weeks challenge on the Fantabulous Cricut Challeng Blog is...
Let's Celebrate Birthdays!

I could not resist making another 3D item so I decided to come up with this 3D Cupcake using the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More 2, Ribbons & Rosettes and the Mother's Day Bouquet Cricut Cartridges!


I hope you can play along with us this week at the Challenge Blog!

Details:
  1. I cut the on Pg 35 of the Tags, Bags, Boxes and More 2 Cartridge at 8 ¾” out of the polka dot patterned paper and assembled the box following the directions in the cartridge box.
  2. I cut 7 of the on Pg 21 of the Ribbons & Rosettes Cartridge at 2” and folded them and glued them together.  I then attached them to the cupcake box with glue dots to look like a cupcake wrapper.
  3. Using Cricut Craft Room I used the Digital Cartridge Mothers Day Bouquet to cut The Flower 5 as follows:  cut from patterned paper (yellow) two at 1” one at 1.5” and one at 1.75” and put them together using a pop dot between each layer.  I also cut two of the Leaf2 at 1.5” from Patterned Paper (green) I then glued all the flower pieces to the leaves and attached it to the cupcake.
  4. cut a piece of patterned paper (pink) at 3” x 2” and tape a piece of twine to the centre and roll up the paper to create a candle.
  5. Cut Banner using PTI Die from white cardstock and stamp sentiment in brown ink.
Supplies:
Cricut Expression, Cricut Craftroom, Cartridges:  Tags, Bags, Boxes and More 2, Ribbons & Rosettes, Mothers Day Bouquet.  Patterned Paper:  My Minds Eye – Twinkle Twinkle little girl, Banner Die, Sentiment Stamp and Ink:  PTI. Twine:  Craft supply

4 comments:

Karla Yungwirth said...

Beautiful!! I love how you've decorated your cupcake! I may have to look at getting this cartridge - so fun :)

Sharon said...

Adorable! I love how realistic the cup cake holder looks!

Deanna said...

Amazing friend!

Patricia said...

Sweetness!