Sunday, August 19, 2012

Card - You Are So Sweet!

Ok - so I have spent all week in my scraproom organizing and purging stuff and I have so had my creative juices flowing seeing all that I have in my room!  So today - i just could not wait to spend an hour creating this quick card!  I just had to play with my new American Crafts Neapolitan Paper Pad I picked up at Homesense a while ago!



Details: Patterned paper American Crafts Dear Lizzy Neapolitan, Stamp: American Crafts Dear Lizzy, Ink: PTI (True Black), Word Stickers: My Mind’s Eye –The Sweetest st Thing (Lavender), Twine: American Crafts, Doily (misc), Glimmer Mist (Sun Sisters), Wood Heart: Studio Calico, Ribbon (Seam Binding), Bling – Crafts (Dollarama), White Gel Pen: Uniball Signo. 


  1. Hand cut the Jar from the patterned Paper. 
  2.  Stamp Sentiment in Black ink and add Word Stickers 
  3. Tie Pink Twine around the jar top 
  4. Glue Wood Heart and Bling in place. 
  5. Mist Doily (let dry) 
  6. Cut the striped piece of patterned paper from the Journal Sheet and trim slightly smaller than the card front. 
  7. Cut yellow cardstock to fit the front of a A2 Card. 
  8. Glue down cardstock 
  9. Glue Doily to striped sheet of patterned paper 
  10. Use a corner round on both the card and the patterned paper 
  11. Glue Patterned paper to card and using a white gel pen add stitching lines 
  12. Tie Ribbon around the top of the card 
  13. Pop dot the jar off of the centre of the doily.

4 comments:

Rosanne said...

Gorgeous Avril! I need to pare down too!

Deanna said...

Beautiful! Did you get that twine there too cause I did! :)

Sharon said...

Love it Av! The doilie is perfect and love the little wooden heart! Thanks for introducing me to Home Sense!

Karons Krafty Korner said...

Fabulous card -love the colours and the ribbon. TFS