Saturday, August 11, 2012

Knifty Knitter Flower Loom Tutorial

Today I will show you how to use the Kifty Knitter Flower Loom by Provocraft!  I have tried to get my hands on one of these very cool tools for quite a while now and when I was in at Two Scrapbook Friends recently I had asked Carolyn if she could get one in!  Well let me tell you... I am in love with what it can do with it!!! There are all kinds of mediums which you can use in this... today I am showcasing just a few of them... I have used some Jute, some Fabric, and some Tulle!  But I am sure Ribbon and twine would also look really cool!

Here is what the Tool looks like!

I also found this really great tutorial online By Erin Bassett on how to use use it!



So here I made the flower with some Jute Rope  I used a My Favorite Things Die to cut the brown flower out of some Felt and added a Wooden Button from my stash!

Here I decided to use some Fabric which I cut into stripes and ironed over so that you could see the fabric on both sides...  I used a Sizzix circle die to cut some yellow felt and use a needle and some floss to sew it in place!


Since these had turned out so well... I decided to try a little Tulle... and then could not resist creating this little 3D High Heeled Shoe with the Princess Party Cricut Cartridge!  I added a button and a little sparkle to the centre!





To get the fluffy look with the tulle I went around the loom two times and then once it was removed I cut in between each loop and trimmed it down a little with a pair of scissors. 

I hope you enjoyed the tutorial!







4 comments:

Deanna said...

Very kewl girl, love the tulle flower!

Sharon said...

Wow they turned out great. I love the jute one. And that shoe is to die for! You are just way too creative!!

Christa said...

How! Ingenious! I love the tulle and twine flower! Great ideas Avril!

Rosanne said...

Love this Avril, that shoe is gorgeous!