The Challenge this week on the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog is to us a sketch!
this is the sketch to be used....
I ended up flipping the sketch top to bottom and did not take the 3 strips of paper all the way to the edge to get this card, I hope you like it!
The scalloped waves were made with the Accent Essentials Cricut Cartridge.
Isn't this little boat and anchor just so cute! Our sponsor for this weeks prize is from Pretty Paper Pretty Ribbons and they have the most adorable little cut files! I decided to use their boat and anchor cuts for this card! The cut file can be found here:
I hope you can play along with us this week at the Fantabulous Cricut Challenge Blog!
- I turned the sketch upside down for inspiration.
- Cut the Boat SVG file from the Pretty Paper Pretty Ribbons at 3” from the different patterned papers and glue all the pieces together.
- Cut the anchor from the same set of svg files in Red cardstock at 1” and tie some twine around the anchor.
- Using the Accent Essentials Cricut cartridge cut 3 of
from Pg 81 at ½” from the Blue patterned paper.
- Stamp sentiment using the 2 different stamp sets from Red and black ink.
- Die cut Red heart using the cuttlebug machine and the simon says stamp heart die.
- Glue all the pieces onto a white card base.
- Along the bottom edge of the top scalloped border draw some dashed lines with a black marker.
- Add some glitter with a wink of stella pen and some glossy accents to the heart and allow it to dry.
- Round the top 2 corners with a corner rounder.
Patterned Paper : Pebbles – New Arrival
Cardstock: Bazzill (White , Red)
Stamps: Simon Says Stamp: You 3x4, Paper Smooches: Wicked Nauticool
Ink: PTI- True Black, Pure Poppy
Adhesive: Beacon 3in1 Glue, Pop Dots
Tools: Cricut Explore, Accent Essentials Cricut Cartridge, SVG: Pretty Papers Pretty Ribbons (Sail Away)
Dies: Simon Says Stamp – Mini Hearts
Misc: Glossy Accents & Wink of Stella Clear Pen